Uphill Travel - Resort Skinning Policy
Earn your turns this winter!
Cranmore encourages Uphill travel and wants to make sure guests traveling uphill are doing so in a safe manner. For the safety of guests and on-hill operation staff, uphill travel is NOT PERMITTED DURING NON-OPERATIONAL HOURS, except 7AM prior to normal operating hours. Uphill travel ends at 3pm, with tickets available until 2:15pm. When the resort is open for night skiing, uphill access is allowed on OPEN TERRAIN ONLY. Accessing the mountain outside of these hours is considered TRESPASSING and will be enforced.
- From 7am until the resort opening, travel (ascending and descending) is restricted to Beginner's Luck, Gibson, and Easy Street only. During operating hours, uphill travel is permitted on all open terrain, marked on the snow report. Uphill travel IS NOT permitted on closed terrain.
- Uphill travel prior to opening is done solely at the individual's own risk. There are no rescue services available at this time.
- Ski patrol has the right to adjust uphill access as conditions and business volumes change.
- Dogs are not allowed on the mountain at any time.
- Guests traveling uphill must have a valid season pass, Skinning Uphill Season Pass, or valid lift ticket.
- Hikers must stay in a single file line.
- Uphill travelers must stay completely to the edge of ski trails. Do not hike or stand in the middle of a ski trail.
- Observe all posted signs, warnings, and trail closures.
- Yield to and avoid all downhill skiers.
$20 from each Uphill Skinning Season Pass pass sold will go directly to the Granite Backcountry Alliance. Granite Backcountry Alliance is a North Conway-based 501(c)(3) organization formed to promote the sport of backcountry skiing in New Hampshire and Western Maine.
The Alliance seeks to provide low-impact human-powered backcountry skiing opportunities to the public through the creation, improvement and maintenance of ski glades. It also strives to create a culture of smart, prepared skiers and riders to face the challenges in the backcountry.
At Cranmore, the Alliance encourages smart uphill travel and being aware of your surroundings to ensure a safe skiing environment. Visit their website here.
Click here to view our complete Uphill Travel Policy.
Uphill Season Pass: $199 - Click here for more information on season passes
Day Pass: $15 - available for purchase in the Ticket Office.
Uphill passes do not include lift access.