MOUNTAIN BIKER'S RESPONSBILITY CODE:
Mountain biking involves risk of serious injury or death. Your knowledge, decisions and actions contribute to your safety and that of others.
- STAY IN CONTROL: You’re responsible for avoiding objects and people
- KNOW YOUR LIMITS: Ride within your ability. Start small and work your way up.
- PROTECT YOURSELF: Use an appropropriate bike, helmet and protective equipment.
- INSPECT AND MAINTAIN YOUR EQUIPMENT: Know your components and their operation prior to riding.
- BE LIFT SMART. Know how to load, ride and unload lifts safely. Ask if you need help.
- INSPECT TRAILS AND FEATURES. Conditions change constantly; plan and adjust your riding accordingly.
- OBEY SIGNS AND WARNINGS. Stay on marked trails only. Keep off closed trails and features. Ride in the direction indicated.
- BE VISIBLE. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail, feature, landing or are not visible.
- LOOK AND YIELD TO OTHERS. Look both ways and yield when entering or crossing a road or trail. When overtaking, use caution and yield to those ahead.
- COOPERATE. If involved in or witness to an incident, identify yourself to staff.