In its 47th season, Cranmore Mountain Meisters is one of the longest running Community Race Leagues in the United States. Our goal as we close in on our 50th season of Meister Racing, is to reclaim the title of, “The Nation’s Largest Race League”.
Cranmore Mountain Resort hosts 30+ teams with approximately 450 racers on 10 Wednesday’s throughout the season; and even though it is a race league, the true focus of the program is to have fun with your friends, family and coworkers. Being a Meister, is part of being a local.
Being a Mountain Meister, gives you an excuse to ski or ride every Wednesday that Cranmore is open (except 12/26/18 & 2/20/19). You also receive three additional Night Skiing tickets and tickets to attend two Meister Clinics of your choosing.
Our Meister Clinics are what makes Mountain Meisters different from all the other leagues out there. Meister Clinics are offered throughout the season on Sunday Afternoons and Tuesday Mornings; with additional “Early Season Clinics” in December to get your season started on the right foot, and to make you more comfortable on the mountain.
To paraphrase Herbert Schneider: “If you live in the Mt. Washington Valley, skiing is part of your heritage. It is only right that everyone should have a chance to ski regardless of their financial situation. As a ski community, it is a sound investment in our future.” The Mountain Meisters Program, provides that opportunity for affordable skiing, riding, and coaching to the residents of the greater Mount Washington Valley area.
Mountain Meister League Details
Mountain Meister Racing begins the second Wednesday following New Years, and runs for the next 10 weeks (excluding February vacation week).
Teams and individuals accumulate points, over the ten-week race series looking to win their division and earn bragging rights for their team.
There are 13 racers per team.
If you do not have a team, it is not a problem! Let us know during registration and you will be assigned to one of the existing teams.
There are numerous individual and team awards that everyone strives for, from Division winners and “Hot Jocks”, to most improved and of course the Team Awards, where having beginners helps your team’s chances of winning!
Meister Racing take place on the NASTAR course located on The Alley Trail, a wide, intermediate trail with a consistent & gradual slope, perfect for entry level racing. This trail is accessible from the summit lifts and South Quad.
Lifts open at 9:00am and doubling the lights in 2016, allows us to race until 6pm! Giving us the longest race window in the Valley, so you can get there before or after work.
Dual courses are set every week, and racers can choose which course they want to race on; however, to provide afternoon & evening racers with as fair & safe of conditions as possible, the second course does not open until 2:00pm.
Meisters is a great day on the mountain with friends, weekly raffles, and team competitions incorporated into the après ski in Zip's Pub each week.
You simply can’t miss being part of this valley tradition.
Mountain Meister Clinics
There are more than 20 “Meister Clinics” throughout the season, focusing on racing or your personal skiing, the choice is yours.
Clinics take place on Sunday afternoons and Tuesday mornings.
Weather depending, there are also early season clinics running on December 9th, 16th, 18th and 19th. These clinics are designed to get your season started, outside of the gates, and are open to all Mountain Meisters with your 2019 Meister Pass.
Clinic Hours (starting January 6th)
- Sunday, 1pm-3pm- The Alley
- Tuesday, 10:00am-12pm- The Alley
Mountain Meister Benefits
- All Day Skiing on Wednesdays (excluding vacation weeks, 12/26/18 and 2/2/19)
- Unlimited preseason clinics with lift access (12/9/18, 12/16/18, 12/18/18 and 12/19/18)
- 2 “Meister Clinic Passes” – Participant chooses race or free skiing clinic (Sunday Afternoon or Tuesday Morning) - January 6, 2019 - March 19, 2019
- 2019 NASTAR Pass – This allows unlimited NASTAR runs at Cranmore throughout the season (This is not a lift ticket)
- 3 Night Skiing Tickets- Saturday evenings from 4pm-8pm
- 1 complimentary beginner Get Skiing or Snowboarding lesson (ages 13+) OR KidsRule Camp AM session (non-holiday only)
- 50% off Cranmore Daycare on Wednesday’s
- $29 monthly membership for Cranmore Fitness, December - March.
- Select Partner Discounts
- 30% off Toasty Tatas sports bras using Meisters2019 promo code at checkout, www.toastytatas.com
Sign me up!
Registration will begin November 14th - December 22nd. Signups will be closed December 23rd- January 2nd.
- $125 per racer.
- 13 racers per team- please know the name of your team if you are on a team, and ensure that your team captain has submitted your team roster. If you do not have a team, let us know and we will put you on a team. Add 2 rookies and your size increases to 15 racers.
- ONLY 8 SCORES per team are counted each week.
- All Meisters must sign up in person at the ticket office. No passes will be issued without your payment and a signed Release of Liability.
Click here to register.
2018-2019 Mountain Meister Race Schedule
|January 2, 2019
||Get ready for Meisters!
||Training day and practice
|January 9, 2019
||Kick Off Party
|January 16, 2019
||Mitch Alden, 2pm-5pm
||Find a hidden mug on the mountain, and turn it in for a .50 cent brew!
|January 23, 2019
||Ben Cook, 1pm - 4pm
|January 30, 2019
||White Lightning, 2pm-5pm
|February 6, 2019
||Ryan St. Onge, 2pm-5pm
|February 13, 2019
||Shark Martin, 4pm-7pm
|February 20, 2019
||February Vacation- NO MEISTERS
|February. 27, 2019
|Rafe & Alicia, 2pm-5pm
|March 6, 2019
|Mitch Alden, 2pm -5pm
|March 13, 2019
||Ryan St. Onge- 2pm-5pm
||Find a hidden mug on the mountain, and turn it in for a .50 cent brew!
|March 20, 2019
||Race #10- Last race at 4pm
||End of Season Party and Awards
**Schedule subject to change due to weather or snow conditions.
Tuckerman Brewing Co. and lunch specials
Kick the Kolsch- if the Koessler Kolsch key kicks on your beer order, you get a prize and will be entered to win a prize at the end of the 2018/19 Meister season.
Raffles in Zip's Pub during apres
The Gibson Cup
The Gibson Cup is a 7-Race series held every other Wednesday morning from 9:30am - 1pm on the "Comp Slope," in conjunction with, but seperate from Mountain Meisters. The 2019 Gibson Cup will be comprised of 3 Giant Slalom Races, 3 Slalon Races and 1 Super G. Unlimtied runs each week and your best 2 count for the day. If you only make one run, it's doubled.
Where a "Mountain Meisters" course is set to be as simple as possible, the Gibson Cup courses will be more challenging and fitting of monikers "World Cup Wednesday" or "Master Meisters." The Gibson Cup is designed to be more competitive and to test each racer's ability and consistency, against others in their age group, through the use of a 2-run combined time format.
- $75.00 per racer for the Gibson Cup Series
- This series is an optional add on to Mountain Meisters
- Participants, who wish to Race in the Gibson Cup, must sign up for Mountain Meisters first
- Race Trail: “The Comp Slope”
- Course Description: USSA Master’s Setting Standards for SL, GS & SG
- UNLIMITED RUNS: Best two runs Combined time.
- Race Hours: 9:30am – 1:00pm
- Awards will be given to the top 3 Male & Female racers in each USSA Age Category and discipline at the end of the season.
NEW Meister Tour Series
Cranmore Mountain Meisters and Andrew Drummond of Ski the Whites, have partnered to include a weekly uphill alpine touring series alongside Mountain Meisters. The course will consist of two laps up the South Slope and down a series of gates along the North Slope. There will be a mass start at 6pm and Ski the Whites will be onsite from 3pm - 6pm to offer rental equipment for $25.
- 9 week series, January 9, 2019 - March 13, 2019 (exclusing 2/20/19)
- 3pm-6pm - mass start at 6pm, 2 laps
- Registration - complete series, $60 add on to Meister registration, or $80 for non Meisters. Drop ins are $10 and can pick up ticket in Ticket Office.
For more information or to file a protest, contact:
***Follow our Facebook Page for early season clinic listings, weekly course reports, race updates and coaching tips: www.facebook.com/mountainmeisters