Kid's Ski and Snowboard Lessons
Cranmore has been named one of the best places for kids skiing and snowboarding lessons in New England and New Hampshire
Book your junior ski lesson to secure the best availability – lessons on sale mid- November
At Cranmore we are all about helping kids learn to ski. Our goal through our kids skiing and snowboarding lessons is to build a lifetime of enjoyment that comes from learning to ski or snowboard, in a fun and safe learning environment. We’re here to get your child ready for snow no matter what their ability level, whether your children are just starting out, or have been on snow before.
New for 2020-21
This winter, safety is first and foremost in all our programming. Private junior ski and snowboard lessons will be offered and will allow the instructor to customize your child’s lesson experience in a comfortable and safe learning environment. Your child and their instructor will work together to build confidence and skill on snow.
Our re-invented kids ski school experience for this season includes:
- Reserving junior ski lessons in advance – over the phone, or online. Walk ups or same day reservations will not be available. Plan ahead to guarantee availability and express check-in.
- Private junior ski lessons for ages 6 – 12 with an option to add up to three friends or family members of similar ability levels, for a Friends and Family lesson.
- One-on- one lessons for kids ages 4 and 5. Parents will be encouraged to stay close by to assist with helping your child stand up on snow, balance, and use the bathroom, or use the chair lift.
- Children will be required to undergo an online health- screening and temperature check prior to arrival, for the safety of our instructors and other guests.
- Face coverings are required throughout the entire lesson. Physical distancing will be practiced in all lessons with no physical assistance from instructors to students.
- Rental information will be collected online, in advance. Fully sanitized equipment will be ready for your child on arrival.
- Childcare in our playroom will not be available this season.
Everything about your child’s learning experience has been designed to ensure your success and enjoyment on snow. We use the Terrain Based Learning Method ™ in all our beginner kids ski and snowboard lessons. Terrain Based Learning uses specifically shaped snow features to naturally control speed and body positioning, removing the traditional fears and anxieties associated with the first time sliding on snow.
Cranmore's Kids Ski School Programs
Kids Ski or Snowboarding Lesson – ages 6 to 12 - $175
Includes a 90-minute private lesson and Beginner Basin access. Add-on up to three additional friends or family members of similar ability level for $75 each.
Rental equipment is an additional $39 for kids ages 12 and under. Includes ski or snowboard, boots, and helmet.
Upgrade to a full mountain lift ticket for $39 each (for kids ages 6 to 12)
Lesson times: 9am, 10:45am, 12:45pm, 2:30pm
Pre-School Ski or Snowboard – ages 4 & 5 - $125
One -on- one instruction for your child. Package includes a 60 minute private ski or snowboard class for kids, plus rental equipment, helmet, and Beginner Basin access.
Parents will be encouraged to stay close by to assist, as necessary during their kid's lesson. Once your child has progressed to riding the chairlift, we will ask for assistance on the chair with a parent or responsible adult.
Lesson times: 9am, 10am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
Frequently Asked Questions