Children's Seasonal Programs
Ski and save on these special Cranmore programs that promise a winter-long journey of learning, fun, and friendship for ages 4 and up. There are programs for every age and ability level. Choose the one that’s right for your child, and watch as the experience of becoming a truly skilled skier unfolds, step by step, all winter long. Our goal is to develop the passion for sliding on snow for a lifetime of fun with family and friends.
2019/20 programs are now on sale!
Click here to purchase children's season programs online - prices increase May 31st.
Rattlesnakes is a skill development program that builds the basics, starting with safety. Then fundamental capabilities are established, so children can develop dynamic skiing skills and an expanding awareness of the mountain environment. Social interaction, fun, and togetherness happen as a natural part of the learning environment.
Groups are split by age, ability, and independence on the mountain. We reserve the right to combine groups when needed. Children entering the Rattlesnake program must ski unassisted on easy green terrain. Regular attendance is recommended for the best results. Seasonal lunch program may be purchased for $249 and is served only on full days of the program, or you must bring your own lunch.
- 2019/2020 DATES: TBA
- TIMES: 9:00am – 2:30pm on Saturdays and vacation weeks (excluding NH February Vacation Week), 9:00am – 12:00pm on Sundays.
- COST: $1199. Prices increase to $1349 after May 31st deadline. Maximum of 100 participants. Must have Cranmore Season Pass.
Basic Skill Development, ages 4-14:
For skiers ages 4-14, the focus on this group is to develop and blend basic skiing skills along with an awareness of safety in a fun, non-competitive setting. Program meets on weekends and vacation weeks, and regular attendance is recommended for the best results. Children are split into groups based on age, ability, and independence on the mountain. Children entering the program must ski independently on easy green terrain.
Advanced Skill Development, ages 7-14:
For skiers ages 7-14, this program focuses on advanced skiing skills to master all types of terrain including race courses, terrain parks, moguls, glades, and anything else we can find. Children will become strong all-mountain skiers before progressing to the race course, terrain park, or other varying terrain. This program develops strong skills in a fun but challenging environment.
Once children have developed strong basic skiing skills, our coaches will begin to introduce and focus on specific goals. These goals include a successful transition to the Cranmore Race Team, introduction to Freestyle or introduction to Instructor Training.
- Cranmore Race Team (CRT) is a full competition program. For more details, visit here.
- Introduction to Freestyle is for those who want to learn the fundamentals of freestyle along with solid all mountain skiing. Learn the basics of freestyle moves and tricks and how to safely apply them in our smaller parks.
- Introduction to Instructor Training is for those who want to learn what is involved in becoming an instructor in our Penguin Camp (Campers ages 3-6). You must be at least 12 ½ years old to participate in this group.
Race Transition – Ages 7-9:
In this program children will master the basic skills needed for the race course, along with the understanding of the rules and regulations of ski racing. The Program provides safe and fun opportunities to explore alpine skiing and racing in preparation for them to enter the competitive program of their choice. All participants should have the ability to ski green and blue trails at a skill level that enables them to keep up with a group. This group will participate in NASTAR and other community race opportunities.
2019/2020 DATES: TBA
TIMES: 9:00am – 2:30pm
COST: $1299. Prices increase to $1499 after May 31st deadline. Maximum of 20 participants. Must have Cranmore Season Pass.
Participates must be age 7 years old by 12/31/19.
Freestyle Skiing & Beyond – Ages 8-14
In this program, athletes will learn the progression of tricks and skills, focusing on proper technique, park etiquette and safety while having fun and mastering all terrain. Competition opportunities will be available as the group progresses and becomes proficient. Emphasis is placed on having fun, developing a lifelong love of the sport and building skills all at the same time. Skill level is intermediate to advance.
2019/2020 DATES: TBA
TIMES: 9:00am – 2:30pm
COST: $1299. Prices increase to $1499 after May 31st deadline. Maximum of 10 participants. Must have Cranmore Season Pass.
Participates must be age 8 years old by 12/31/19.
Punch Card Kids, ages 3-10:
This is a modified seasonal program for children ages 3-10 who are just getting started and not ready to make the commitment to a full time seasonal program. Children can attend either - eight, two-hour group sessions or five, one-hour private sessions. For more information on this program please contact [email protected] after November 15th.
Competition Programs - Cranmore Race Team
For children ready to enter the competitive venue, we offer a variety of programs where they will participate in age appropriate competitions throughout NH and beyond. This program requires athletes to meet an ability standard. For more information on competition programs please see the competition page.
A Day in the Life of a Rattlesnake
- Starts with a good night’s sleep and a big healthy breakfast.
- 8:50am. Arrive ready to ski or ride – be dressed for the weather – put your lunch and any other belongings in your group’s bin in the Arlberg Children’s Center.
- 9:00am. Meet your coach and group at the Rattlesnake meeting place and head to the slopes.
- 11:00am. Break for lunch in the Arlberg Children’s Center.
- 11:45am. Back out on the snow for a full afternoon of fun on the slopes.
- 2:30pm. Meet your parents back at the Rattlesnake meeting place. Maybe go for a run or two as a family, visit the Mountain Adventure Park; Mtn Coaster, Giant Swing, Soaring Eagle Zip Line or tubing park, or take part in the in fun of Cranapalooza.
- Children will participate in NASTAR and other mountain and program activities throughout the season.
Notes about Seasonal Programs
- Space is limited for Seasonal Programs. Sign up for your favorite program early.
- All programs require the purchase of a Season Pass.
- Plans for the winter along with registration/release packets and program specifics will be sent out in early October.
- Appropriate release must be signed and on file prior to participation in program.
- Programs must have at least 8 participants.
- Programs are not scheduled during NH February vacation due to limited staffing.
- For questions concerning Children’s Seasonal Programs, please contact Karen Dolan, Snowsports Director at [email protected].