Important Information about all Seasonal Programs
- A successful day in program starts with a good night’s sleep and a big healthy breakfast.
- Children must arrive at the mountain ready to ski/ride. Arrive by 8:20am ready to go, fully dressed for the weather, with water and healthy snacks in their pocket for a warming break and a face covering.
- Younger children may have 2 breaks, depending on weather and the dynamics of the group.
- Meet your group at the Rattlesnake’s meeting place – behind the building, slope side.
- All programs require the purchase of a Cranmore Unlimited Season Pass.
- Masks are required in the Arlberg Lodge until you are seated, then may be removed for eating as long as you are at your table.
- Arlberg Children’s Center will still have limited capacity; personal belongings will not be stored indoors.
- Cranmore will follow the guidance of the CDC as we want to keep all guests and staff healthy and enjoying the winter season.
- Outdoors in the fresh air is the best place to be, avoiding crowds, and maintaining social distancing. There will be no masks and no restrictions loading lifts or in the lift mazes.
- If your child is not feeling well, please stay home for the safety of our staff and other participants.
- If your child has been exposed to Covid at school, or your school has been shut down, follow guidelines of the CDC.
- For questions concerning Children’s Seasonal Programs, please contact Karen Dolan, Snowsports Director at [email protected].
We will use email as our primary method of communication. Please be sure you provide us with an email address that you check frequently.
Group Make up/Requests to be With a Friend
Children will be assigned to groups by ages and ability. We will try to accommodate requests to the best of our ability. Please keep in mind that your child’s safety is our first priority. Make sure you have added your request to your child’s registration form.
All Rattlesnake children must be able to ski unassisted from top to bottom on all green circle trails. Children should be able to control their speed through turn shape and follow directions.
With program beginning on December 27, 2021, we encourage you to get out and ski prior to the start of program. Get those ski legs back and be ready to go. Always start back out on the Carpets or South Chair Beginner’s Luck. Snowsports School will be offering private lessons as soon as conditions permit if your child needs a refresher. Tentative opening day is the day after Thanksgiving!
There are no Covid restrictions on who rides with whom. Our internal SSS policy is: Children 6 and under must ride with a reliable person, not necessarily their own instructor. It may be a Rattlesnake helper, another instructor, patrol, ambassador, or a member of the general public.
4 – 6 year old’s will only load the quad with 3 people – 2 kids and an adult.
Continuous problems cannot exist! Negative behavior affects and upsets the entire group. Continuous behavioral problems are not fair to the coach or the other children. If problems arise and continue to occur, your child will be asked to take a day off. After three days off, there will be NO PROGRAM OR REFUND FOR THE PROGRAM. Concerns or issues should be discussed first with your child’s coach, then with Jac as soon as possible. Please follow this line of communication.
Rattlesnake Assistants Wanted, age 12 1/2 – 13
We are looking for a few people who have grown up in the program, like little children, and may be interested becoming junior instructors once they are 14-15. Contact Karen if you have a child interested and can commit to the Rattlesnakes schedule.
Junior Instructors, 14-15
Come learn to teach for your first job!
Please Return Program Registration and Release of Liability by December 1, 2021.
You may email to [email protected] or mail to:
Attention Karen Dolan, Snowsports School Director
Cranmore Mountain Resort
P.O. Box 1640
North Conway, NH 03860