Beginner Ski and Snowboard Lessons
Cranmore has been named one of the best places in New England and New Hampshire for skiing and snowboarding lessons.
At Cranmore, our goal is to create a lifelong passion for skiing and snowboarding, all while building self-esteem, in a safe and fun learning environment. Whether you’re a first timer adult, or haven’t skied in years, or want to help your child develop a passion for snowsports, our professional instructors look forward to sharing their love for winter and their enthusiasm for teaching, creating an unforgettable experience and easy day on the slopes.
For best availability, book your beginner skiing or snowboarding lesson at least 48 hours in advance.
Book online or call us at 1-603-356-5544 ext. 393.
Our Beginner Skiing and Snowboarding Lesson Experiences
This winter, safety is first and foremost in all our programming. For the safety of our staff and guests:
- Face coverings are required throughout the entire beginner ski or snowboard lesson, by both the instructor and student.
- All individuals taking a beginner skiing or snowboarding lesson are required to undergo an online health-screening and temperature check prior to arriving at the mountain.
- Physical distancing will be practiced in all beginner skiing and snowboarding lessons with no physical assistance from the instructor to the student.
- For younger kids, parents will be encouraged to stay close by to assist with helping their child stand up on snow, balance, use the restroom or ride the chairlift.
- Children will only be riding the lifts with other children in their cohort or alone. Instructors will have the option to ride the chairlift alone, or with their student/cohort.
- Beginner ski and snowboarding Llessons must be reserved online or over the phone, at least 48 hours in advance. Walk-up or same day reservations are not available.
Terrain Based Learning
Everything about our learning programs in New Hampshire has been designed to ensure success and enjoyment on snow. We use the Terrain Based Learning Method™ in all our beginner ski and snowboard lessons. Terrain Based Learning uses specifically shaped snow features to naturally control an individual’s speed and body positioning, removing the traditional fears and anxieties associated with the first time sliding on snow.
Here Are Just a Few of the Beginner Skiing and Snowboarding Skills You’ll Learn During Your Lesson
Beginner Skiing Skills
During Cranmore’s beginner skiing lessons participants will learn how to:
- Put On and Take Off Skis
- Walk on Skis
- Side-step uphill
- Turn Left & Right
- Stop on Command
- Control Downhill Speed
- Load and Unload a Chairlift
Beginner Snowboarding Skills
During Cranmore’s beginner snowboarding programs participants will get comfortable at:
- Putting On and Taking Off Their Snowboard
- Skating/Gliding with One Foot out
- Toe-Side and Heel-Side Awareness
- Loading and Unloading a Chair Lift