Seasonal Programs for Children's Skill Development
Ski and save on these special Cranmore programs that promise a winter-long journey of learning, fun, and friendship for ages 4 and up.
There are programs for every age and ability level. Choose the one that’s right for your child, and watch as the experience of becoming a truly skilled skier unfolds, step by step, all winter long.
Skill development programs build the basics, starting with safety. Then fundamental capabilities are established, so children can develop dynamic skiing skills and an expanding awareness of the mountain environment. Social interaction, fun, and togetherness happen as natural part of the learning environment.
Groups are split by age, ability, and independence on the mountain. We reserve the right to combine groups when needed. Children entering our skill development program must ski unassisted on easy green terrain. Regular attendance is recommended for the best results.
|Dates:||Weekends and vacation weeks, December 15th – March 10th
|Times:||9:00am – 2:30pm on Saturdays and vacation weeks
9:00am – 12:00pm on Sundays
|Cost:||$850.00 if paid in full by 11/1/12; $950.00 after 11/1/12; $1,000.00 after 12/1/12|
Basic Skill Development, ages 4-14:
For skiers ages 4-14, the focus on this group is to develop and blend basic skiing skills along with an awareness of safety in a fun, non-competitive setting. Program meets on weekends and vacation weeks, and regular attendance is recommended for the best results. Children are split into groups based on age, ability, and independence on the mountain. Children entering the program must ski independently on easy green terrain.
Switch Snakes, ages 8-14:
This is an additional option for participants 8-14 who would like to ski on Saturdays and snowboard on Sundays. Essential skills and techniques for proficient riding are taught; this is a great opportunity to try out snowboarding. No Prior experience is necessary. Please note this is an add-on to Rattlesnakes and rental equipment is available for this program.
Advanced Skill Development, ages 7-14:
For skiers ages 7-14, this program focuses on advanced skiing skills to master all types of terrain including race courses, terrain parks, moguls, glades, and anything else we can find. Children will become strong all-mountain skiers before progressing to the race course, terrain park, or other varying terrain. This program develops strong skills in a fun but challenging environment.
Punch Card Kids, ages 3-5:
This is a modified seasonal program for children ages 3-5 just getting started and not ready to make the commitment to a full time seasonal program. Children can attend either eight two-hour group sessions or five one-hour private sessions. For more information on this program please contact Snowsports@cranmore.com.
For children ready to enter the competitive venue we offer a variety of programs where they will participate in age appropriate competitions throughout NH and beyond. For more information on competition programs please see the competition page.
A Day in the Life of a Rattlesnake
- Starts with a good night’s sleep and a big healthy breakfast.
- 8:50am. Arrive ready to ski or ride – be dressed for the weather – put your lunch and any other belongings in your group’s bin in the Arlberg Children’s Center
- 9:00am. Meet your coach and group at the Rattlesnake meeting place and head to the slopes
- 11:00am. Break for lunch in the Arlberg Children’s Center
- 11:45am. Back out on the snow for a full afternoon of fun on the slopes
- 2:30pm. Meet your parents back at the Rattlesnake meeting place. Maybe go for a run or two as a family, visit the Mountain Coaster or tubing park, or take part in the in fun of Cranapalooza.
Notes about Seasonal Programs
- Pay in full prior to 11/1/12 and save!
- All programs require the purchase of a Season Pass.
- Appropriate release must be signed and on file prior to participation in program.
- Programs must have at least 8 participants signed up to be scheduled.