10 Reasons Why Families Love Cranmore Mountain
It’s no secret that families love to flock to Cranmore Mountain Resort, in the heart of North Conway each winter. With festive events, lessons for all ages, off-the-hill fun and more, there is an array of activities for all guests.
1. KidsRule Mountain Camps – Kids can learn to ski, while mom and dad hit the slopes. Cranmore’s KidsRule Mountain Camps offer a fun-filled day on the hill. These all-day camps will get children skiing and riding using the best principles of Snowsports instruction and Terrain Based Learning. Plus, guests can reserve KidsRule Mountain Camps online, in advance and receive a $20 discount. Half-day lessons, private lessons and daycare services are also available. New for 2017-18, guests that book a KidsRule camp on a non-holiday Saturday can add a Sunday morning camp for just $50.
2. Arlberg Children’s Center and Instruction Area Dedicated to Learning - Cranmore was recently recognized as one of the most beginner-friendly resorts in the East by Liftopia. The Arlberg Children’s Center serves as a kids-only zone with easy lesson check-in and drop off for parents. The building is located directly next to the Beginner Basin, a learning area that caters to beginners. The Beginner Basin area has two “magic carpet” surface lifts, and a double chairlift, specifically designed for those new to the sport. For details on lessons, visit Cranmore.com.
3. We Know How to Have Fun – The fun doesn’t stop once you’re off the mountain. Cranmore offers weekly, family-friendly activities in the base area. Guests can enjoy Cranapalooza during weekends and holiday periods, with music, games, giveaways, s’mores and fireworks on select nights. Visit Cranmore.com for a full schedule.
4. Don’t ski? No problem. – Cranmore is home to New Hampshire’s NH’s #1 tubing park. With 10 lanes of tubing, plus a Mountain Coaster, Giant Swing and Soaring Eagle Zip Line, there is plenty of excitement off the hill. Cranmore Fitness, the Valley’s largest fitness facility, is located next to the tubing hill, at Cranmore’s Artist Falls Lodge. Cranmore Fitness is open 365 days a year and has cardio equipment, a weight room, plus a variety of classes. Day passes for visitors are available.
5. A Variety of Terrain – Cranmore has terrain for all ages and abilities – whether someone is new to the sport or has been skiing or riding for years, there is an option for everyone. All trails lead to one central location - Cranmore’s main base area which is conveniently positioned by all amenities.
6. We Make it Easy – Cranmore Ambassadors are on-site as soon as guests arrive to greet them and help them unload equipment. Cranmore offers free bag check at Guest Services, plus preferred parking at a low cost, for guests looking for easier access.
7. Location, Location, Location- Cranmore’s location cannot be beat. The resort is located one mile from downtown North Conway Village. There are plenty of shopping, lodging and dining options for visitors.
8. Value and Easy Ways to Save - Cranmore offers the best savings when it comes to purchasing lift tickets online. Guests can buy tickets online, in advance and save up to 39 percent off. The earlier tickets are purchased, the more of a discount guests will receive. Guests can visit Cranmore.com throughout the winter season for the latest online savings.
9. There’s Fun All Day Long – New for 2017-18, Cranmore has expanded nighttime offerings, including night skiing until 8pm on Saturdays and holiday periods, with more beginner terrain options, extended hours for Zip’s Pub and festive evening events. Tubing and the Mountain Adventure Park are also open until 8pm on Fridays, Saturdays and holiday periods.
10. Snow Quality – Each season, Cranmore enhances snowmaking efforts to get guests on the slopes as soon as possible. New for 2017-18, Cranmore has added 86 energy efficient snow guns, designed by Cranmore owners, Brian and Tyler Fairbank. These new snow guns mean more snowmaking, faster and earlier in the season.
Cranmore Mountain, located in the heart of North Conway Village in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and only 2.5 hours from the Boston area, has been entertaining families with fun and festive activities for 80 years. With over $10 million dollars in improvements since 2009, Cranmore has begun the next chapter of their $50 million base area redevelopment plan, Kearsarge Brook Condominiums at Cranmore. For more information on Cranmore Mountain, Kearsarge Brook Condominiums, resort savings and special events, visit www.cranmore.com or call 1-800-SUN-N-SKI.