Children's Seasonal Programs
Ski and save on these special Cranmore programs that promise a winter-long journey of learning, fun, and friendship for ages 4 and up. There are programs for every age and ability level. Choose the one that’s right for your child, and watch as the experience of becoming a truly skilled skier unfolds, step by step, all winter long. Our goal is to develop the passion for sliding on snow for a lifetime of fun with family and friends.
Click here to purchase children's season programs online.
Rattlesnakes is a skill development program that builds the basics, starting with safety. Then fundamental capabilities are established, so children can develop dynamic skiing skills and an expanding awareness of the mountain environment. Social interaction, fun, and togetherness happen as a natural part of the learning environment.
Groups are split by age, ability, and independence on the mountain. We reserve the right to combine groups when needed. Children entering the Rattlesnake program must ski unassisted on easy green terrain. Regular attendance is recommended for the best results. Seasonal lunch program may be purchased for $249 and is served only on full days of the program, or you must bring your own lunch.
- DATES: December 16, 2017-March 11, 2018. Meeting Saturdays, Sundays; Christmas week Dec. 27, 2017- Jan.1, 2018, excluding December 23-26, 2017, and President's week Feb. 19, 20, 22, & 23, 2018.
- TIMES: 9:00am – 2:30pm on Saturdays and vacation weeks, 9:00am – 12:00pm on Sundays.
- COST: Basic Skills or Advanced Skills Rattlesnakes $1149, Switch Snakes $1199 (Ski on Saturdays and Snowboard on Sundays).
Basic Skill Development, ages 4-14:
For skiers ages 4-14, the focus on this group is to develop and blend basic skiing skills along with an awareness of safety in a fun, non-competitive setting. Program meets on weekends and vacation weeks, and regular attendance is recommended for the best results. Children are split into groups based on age, ability, and independence on the mountain. Children entering the program must ski independently on easy green terrain.
Switch Snakes, ages 8-14:
This is an additional option for participants 8-14 who would like to ski on Saturdays and snowboard on Sundays. Essential skills and techniques for proficient riding are taught; this is a great opportunity to try out snowboarding. No prior experience is necessary. Please note: this is an add-on to Rattlesnakes and rental equipment is available for this program at the Arlberg Children's Center. See pricing information above.
Advanced Skill Development, ages 7-14:
For skiers ages 7-14, this program focuses on advanced skiing skills to master all types of terrain including race courses, terrain parks, moguls, glades, and anything else we can find. Children will become strong all-mountain skiers before progressing to the race course, terrain park, or other varying terrain. This program develops strong skills in a fun but challenging environment.
Once children have developed strong basic skiing skills, our coaches will begin to introduce and focus on specific goals. These goals include a successful transition to the Cranmore Race Team, introduction to Freestyle or introduction to Instructor Training.
- Cranmore Race Team (CRT) is a full competition program. For more details, visit here.
- Introduction to Freestyle is for those who want to learn the fundamentals of freestyle along with solid all mountain skiing. Learn the basics of freestyle moves and tricks and how to safely apply them in our smaller parks.
- Introduction to Instructor Training is for those who want to learn what is involved in becoming an instructor in our Penguin Camp (Campers ages 3-6). You must be at least 12 ½ years old to participate in this group.
Punch Card Kids, ages 3-10:
This is a modified seasonal program for children ages 3-10 who are just getting started and not ready to make the commitment to a full time seasonal program. Children can attend either - eight, two-hour group sessions or five, one-hour private sessions. For more information on this program please contact [email protected] after November 15th.
For children ready to enter the competitive venue, we offer a variety of programs where they will participate in age appropriate competitions throughout NH and beyond. This program requires athletes to meet an ability standard. For more information on competition programs please see the competition page.
A Day in the Life of a Rattlesnake
- Starts with a good night’s sleep and a big healthy breakfast.
- 8:50am. Arrive ready to ski or ride – be dressed for the weather – put your lunch and any other belongings in your group’s bin in the Arlberg Children’s Center.
- 9:00am. Meet your coach and group at the Rattlesnake meeting place and head to the slopes.
- 11:00am. Break for lunch in the Arlberg Children’s Center.
- 11:45am. Back out on the snow for a full afternoon of fun on the slopes.
- 2:30pm. Meet your parents back at the Rattlesnake meeting place. Maybe go for a run or two as a family, visit the Mountain Adventure Park; Mtn Coaster, Giant Swing, Soaring Eagle Zip Line or tubing park, or take part in the in fun of Cranapalooza.
- Children will participate in NASTAR and other mountain and program activities throughout the season.
Notes about Seasonal Programs
- Space is limited for Seasonal Programs. Sign up for your favorite program early.
- All programs require the purchase of a Season Pass.
- Plans for the winter along with registration/release packets and program specifics will be sent out in early October.
- Appropriate release must be signed and on file prior to participation in program.
- Programs must have at least 8 participants.
- Programs are not scheduled during NH February vacation due to limited staffing.
- For questions concerning Children’s Seasonal Programs, please contact Karen Dolan, Snowsports Director at [email protected].